World Refugee Day 2022 Theme, Date, History, Theme, Facts, Activities, Wishes Quotes, Image, Ideas, SMS, Picture & Messages available here. On this year 2022, World Refugee Day will be celebrated on 20 June 2022 (Thursday) with the central theme of “seeking safety is a human right”. The UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner of Refugees), a UN Refugee Agency with a worldwide presence, will organize several events on World Refugee Day.
World Refugee Day History:
Every year world people are observed World Refugee Day on 20th of June in order to raise public awareness about refugee’s situations throughout the world. Celebrating World Refugee Day annually on 20th of June was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in Resolution 55/76 on 4th of December in 2000. It was started celebrated worldwide as an annual event in 2001 on the 20th of June.
The World Refugee Day celebration of 2001 has been marked the 50th anniversary of the 1951 Convention Refugees status by the United Nations General Assembly. It has been started celebrated in several countries all around the world since 2000. It is celebrated on different dates and weeks in many countries.
Why is World Refugee Day celebrated?
Every Year, On June 20 World refugee day is celebrated to support millions of families all over the world who have lost their homes and dear ones because of violence or war.
How World Refugee Day is Celebrated?
A number of related activities in the society are organized to spread awareness and highlight the issues which lead to such cases. Some of the activities are as follows.
- Participants involved in the event celebrate protests against holding the migrants and asylum seekers to the prison.
- Refugees’ real stories are screened as a movie to show their lifestyles.
- Association members of the organization provide moral support to the refugees by meeting them in their imprisonment.
- Requesting government organizations for the better management of the asylum seekers.
- Awareness activities are carried out by celebrities, humanitarian aid workers, civilians and other famous group of people for more effect.
- People living in the community are encouraged to participate in the event celebration through social media.
- Refugee camps are organized to solve their problems by distributing those shelters, necessary goods, tents, plastic sheets, blankets and etc.
- They are also availed with free clinics, schools, water resources and etc. for supporting them psychosocially and physically.
- Discussions and debate activities are organized in the schools and colleges.
World Refugee Day 2022 Theme:
World Refugee Day 2022 Theme – “Whoever. Wherever. Whenever. Everyone has the right to seek safety.”
In this section, you will eligible to know World Refugee Day Theme from 2001 to 2022.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2022 is “Whoever. Wherever. Whenever. Everyone has the right to seek safety.“
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2021 is “together we heal, learn and shine”
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2020 is “every action counts.”
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2019 is “#StepWithRefugees – Take a Step on World Refugee Day”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2018 was “Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2017 was “Embracing Refugees to celebrate our Common Humanity.”
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2016 was “We stand together with refugees”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2015 was “With courage let us all combine”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2014 was “Migrants and Refugees: Towards a Better World”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2013 was “Take 1 minute to support a family forced to flee”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2012 was “1 family torn apart by war is too many”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2011 was “1 refugee without hope is too many.”
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2010 was “1 refugee forced to flee is too many”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2009 was “Home”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2008 was “Protection”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2007 was “Perseverance.”
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2006 was “Hope”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2005 was “Courage”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2004 was “Courage”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2003 was “Refugee Youth: Building the Future”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2002 was “Tolerance”.
- The theme of World Refugee Day 2001 was “Respect”.
World Refugee Day 2022 Wishes Quotes, Message, Image, SMS with Picture:
Here the below some quotes of World Refugee Day, which can be shared on social media with all.
“I urge you to celebrate the extraordinary courage and contributions of refugees past and present.” – Kofi Annan, UN Secretary-General
“Displaced societies are of value. Their issues are our issues.” – Cynthia Basinet
“No one leaves home unless the home is the mouth of a shark.” ― Warsan Shire, Author of “Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth”
“They are safe but they are not in their homes. They are city-less. I think it’s just a disaster for everyone.” – Teri Hatcher
“In countries where people have to flee their homes because of persecution and violence, political solutions must be found, peace and tolerance restored so that refugees can return home. In my experience, going home is the deepest wish of most refugees.” – Angelina Jolie
“Refugees have done more for my heart and my spirit than I can ever express in words.” – Angelina Jolie
“World Refugee Day is an important opportunity to remind us about the ongoing plight of millions of refugees around the world.” – Robert Alan Silverstein
“To be called a refugee is the opposite of an insult; it is a badge of strength, courage, and victory.”
— Tennessee Office for Refugees
“Refugees are not terrorists. They are often the first victims of terrorism.”
— António Manuel de Oliveira Guterres
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”
— Emma Lazarus
“No one leaves home unless home is the mouth of a shark.”
— Warsan Shire
“It is the obligation of every person born in a safer room to open the door when someone in danger knocks.”
— Dina Nayeri
Facts You Need To Know For World Refugee Day
- According to the UNHCR, there are 65.3 million individuals worldwide who have been forcefully displaced.
- Daily, 42,500 individuals escape their homes in search of safety within their own country’s or other nations’ borders.
- Syria’s civil conflict has resulted in one of the world’s biggest humanitarian disasters.
- Developing countries house 86 percent of the world’s refugees.
- Dadaab, Kenya, is home to more than 329,000 people and is the world’s biggest refugee camp.
- 51% of the world’s 20 million refugees are under the age of 18.
- At the 2016 Olympics in Rio, the first-ever Refugee Team competed.